Limit of detection down to 0.1% VAF
Quantify mutation VAF of samples down to 0.1% VAF
Only 1 million reads per sample
Compatible with several sample types
Easy workflow and data analysis
- Detects and quantitates 370 mutations in the COSMIC database across 15 hotspots in 8 genes
- Fast workflow: from to DNA to library in 7 hours, including 3.5 hours of hands-on time
- User-friendly data analysis software with graphical user interface enabling FASTQ-to-variant reports in minutes
- Compatible with 10 – 100 ng of tumor sections (FFPE and fresh frozen) and PBMC DNA
- Number of reads required per sample reduced to only 1 million reads, 60X less than standard deep sequencing
- Clinical sample validation
- Quantitative BDA technology of VarMap enables molecular counting of input variant molecules and the accurate calculation of variant allele frequency (VAF) while preventing false positives. Variant identification and VAF determination of FFPE clinical samples by VarMap are in concordance (within 2 fold) with deep sequencing, and confirmed by droplet digital PCR (ddPCR).
Step 1: DNA Extraction
DNA is extracted from clinical samples with commercial extraction kits such as cobas® cfDNA Sample Preparation Kit, QIAamp® DNA Blood Mini Kit, GeneRead® DNA FFPE Kit.
Step 2: qBDA Variant Enrichment
NuProbe’s VarMap kit reagents and clinical samples are prepared for two sequential reactions to add unique molecular identifies to each original input molecule, and to preferentially amplify variant molecules.
5 hrs (2 hrs hands-on)
Step 3: Adapter Addition and Library Indexing
qBDA enriched samples are prepared for Illumina sequencing with the addition of sequencing adapters and indices.
2 hrs (1.5 hrs hands-on)
7 hrs total time (STEP2+STEP3)
Step 4: Sequencing
Indexed samples undergo quality control, pooled, and sequenced on an Illumina sequencing instrument.
Step 5: Data Analysis
NuProbe’s user-friendly analysis software analyzes demultiplexed FASTQ files to generate a comprehensive Variant Analysis Report outlining all detected variants genomic location, CDS and AA mutation, number of molecules, VAF, and associated COSMIC ID (when applicable).
2-5 min per sample
For research use only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
The VarMapTM Melanoma Panel covers 15 hotspots in 8 genes frequently mutated in melanoma patients. NuProbe’s melanoma panel detects over 370 COSMIC mutations including AKT3 E17K, BRAF V600E/K, and NRAS Q61R/K. The presence of these mutations can indicate the presence of melanoma during disease monitoring, and/or guide treatment with a number of targeted therapies such as BRAFTOVI® (encorafenib), TAFINLAR® (dabrafenib), MEKINIST® (trametinib), and ZELBORAF® (vemurafenib).
The VarMapTM Melanoma Panel enables highly sensitive detection and quantitation of mutations for melanoma patients. The kit uses NuProbe’s PCR based quantitative Blocker Displacement Amplification (qBDA) technology to enable the selective amplification of low abundant (≥0.1% VAF) sequence variants (SNV and indels) in a background of wildtype DNA. Next generation sequencing of the PCR enriched samples enables accurate variant identification and variant allele frequency (VAF) quantification. NuProbe’s technology significantly decreases the limit of detection (≥0.1% VAF) for NGS while decreasing the number of reads per sample 60-fold. Furthermore, the technology is compatible with a number of sample types including cell free DNA, tumor sections, and PMBC DNA. The kit’s sample versatility and increased sensitivity allows for a number of applications such as cell-free DNA profiling, minimal residual disease monitoring and tumor heterogeneity characterization.